An evidence-based course to help you clarify what's most important and live with intentionality.
When death finds you, will it find you alive?
When life is about problems
It's human nature to avoid pain and discomfort.
However, we can become so focused on avoiding pain that we lose sight of what truly matters in our lives.
When we're overly focused on avoiding negative experiences, we lose touch with the things we care most about.
Our lives become about our problems, rather than what ultimately matters to us.
The alternative? Focusing on our values - the things that truly matter to us that give our lives meaning and purpose.
An invitation to meaning
Mindful Values is a first-of-its-kind program that invites you to connect with what truly matters in your life and take action towards living with purpose.
During the course, you will:
- Identify what's most important to you
- Learn to work with the hard stuff that comes up as you move toward what matters
- Connect your day-to-day activities to what you care deeply about
- Test new and concrete ways to live out your values in your day-to-day life
By the end of the course, you'll have a clearer sense of what matters most to you and how to embody that more fully in how you choose to live.
You might be a fit if you are...
- Questioning your work, your purpose, your life
- Feeling lost or unfulfilled
- Asking yourself, "Is this it for my life?"
- Exploring a new career or life direction
- Experiencing signs of burnout
- Feeling like you're in a mid-life funk
- Sitting with existential questions around meaning
- Seeking motivation through challenging times
- Looking to start or deepen a mindfulness practice
- Longing to reconnect with passion in a work you once enjoyed
An evidence-based program
Mindful Values is based on basic science around how thoughts and feelings influence behavior.
It takes a building-blocks approach to meaning-making, drawing from three highly-researched interventions:
- Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
Each of these has been shown to improve overall wellbeing in healthy individuals as well as those dealing with mental health issues.
Mindful Values takes the best of the above and combines them to help you clarify and live in alignment with your values.
Mindful Values is a mindfulness program, not therapy. It is not designed to diagnose or treat mental disorders.
The course will meet on Tuesdays at 6pm EST, starting on February 21 and running through April 4.
We'll meet live on Zoom for 90 minutes each week, and there will be ~30 minutes per day of home practice.
There will also be a 3.5-hour mini retreat on April 2 from 4pm-7:30pm EST.
The cost of the 8-week course is $675, with a few sliding scale spots available.
We're limiting the course to 30 people to keep the group small and intimate, and we expect slots to fill fast.
We're hosting several free intro sessions for those who would like an experiential taste of the course before signing up.
Intro sessions will take place on:
- Jan 31 @ 6:00pm EST (Tuesday)
- Feb 7 @ 6:00pm EST (Tuesday)
- Feb 16 @ 5:30pm EST (Thursday)
Interested in learning more?
Here are some of the topics we'll cover throughout the course:
- What do you Value? - exploring the foundations of mindfulness and values clarification / discovery
- Toward vs. Away - orienting our lives around moving toward meaning vs. avoiding fear or discomfort
- Defusion - learning how to work skillfully with the thoughts that lead us away from meaningful living
- Pain and Values - opening to discomfort in the service of moving toward what we care about
- Values and the Self - noticing where self-stories may be limiting us, and learning to hold them lightly and with compassion
- Values vs. Goals - using values to focus on the meaning in the journey, not just the destination
- Values in Practice - experimenting with new ways to move toward meaning in your day-to-day life
- Integration - how to continue values work on your own after the course ends.
You don't need any prior experience with mindfulness or ACT to sign up for this program.
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist.
You may be a fit you are....
- Looking to deepen a sense of calling in your work
- Navigating a life or career transition
- Searching for more meaning in your life
- Wanting to integrate your mindfulness practice into your daily life
I'm Casey, a founder and executive coach based in NYC.
I discovered meditation through an 8-week MBSR class in 2013, and have taken mindfulness teacher-trainings through Brown and UPenn. I'm currently enrolled in UCSD's MBSR teacher-training pathway.
In 2020, I discovered Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) through its research on values and started working in consultation with several psychologists to adapt it to the world of executive coaching.
I created Mindful Values as an outgrowth of my belief in the power of mindfulness interventions and ACT's theory around values-based living. It is the program I wish I'd had when I first started meditating a decade ago.
Outside of coaching, I spend my time writing and working on projects around secular meaning-making.
In their words...
Founder at Every
"I've been working with Casey for over a year now, and I'd recommend him to any founder who is looking to grow their business while staying connected to meaning."
Ex-Founder at Vidcode (YC S16)
"I'd recommend Casey's retreats to anyone, especially founders worried about how to align their company to their values and trying to figure out their next steps."
Founder at Ophelia (YC W20)
"Casey is a master at cutting to the core of what matters and getting you to think differently about things that have been personal obstacles for a while."
Founder at Hodge
"Casey's retreat was a much-needed and refreshing pause to explore not just where my company is, but where I am and who I am relative to my startup."
Product Lead at Uniswap
"Working with Casey was a fantastic opportunity for me to explore my entrepreneurial journey in a safe space. The cadence of listening, feeling, and expressing in a non-judgmental manner helped me to identify parts of me that often get ignored otherwise."
Founder at The Browser Company
"Casey's retreat was an incredible experience– it was rejuvenating and contemplative, and allowed me to process a lot of the last several months of being a founder.”
Ready to join?
Early-bird pricing through Sunday, January 29 with promo code "EARLYBIRD".
Always be one step infront of your competion
Massa aliquet lobortis molestie facilisi diam pretium purus eros. Pulvinar tortor potenti vitae ultricies nulla.